For a recent trip to Honolulu from Vancouver, here are the types of airport taxes, fees and surcharges which were charged in Canadian dollars.
- US Passenger safety fee.
- Canada Domestic/International Air Travel security fee,
- Canada Domestic/International Airport improvement fee,
- US International Transportation tax,
- US Agriculture fee,
- US Passenger Facility charge,
- USA Immigration user fee
- US Customs user fee
Total charge was ca$106.91
Norman Hogwood sent us this information –
Recently, a New Zealand media reporter took a trip on Air Canada and listed these "extras"
- $25 per checked bag
- $7 if you want a blanket or pillow
- $3 for a kids colouring book
- $3.25 for a headset
- $3 or $4 for snacks
- $13.50 for lunch
- $7 for beer or wine
So make sure you have some money in your bank account.
Have a good trip!